Bookkeeper-Assistant Center Manager
The Falls Township Senior Center, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is seeking a dedicated individual to perform bookkeeping and electronic data entry and reporting for the Center under the oversight of the Center’s Manager. In the absence of the Center’s Manager, the individual serves in place of the manager. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and Publisher. Possess good customer service skills, be able to communicate with Center members and the general public. The position is salaried.
Example of duties
Under the general direction of the Treasurer and Center Manager:
- Collect and account for all money coming into the Center using QuickBooks
- Pay bills, and process payroll in QuickBooks
- Maintain files and records for all accounting and important tax information
- Process new member applications and renewals using prescribed software, such as QuickBooks, Excel and the county’s database program
- Performs publishing duties, such as the Center’s quarterly newsletter, brochures, flyers, etc.
with the Center’s programs on an as-needed basis
Physical and Mental Demands
- Able to sit for 70%, stand and walk for 20%, and lift a maximum weight of 25 lbs for 4% of work hours
- Must be able to see, speak, hear and communicate in English
- Ability to work at a rapid pace and multi-task
- Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress related to working with persons who are ill, disabled, elderly and/or emotionally upset as evidenced by maintaining a professional demeanor in all communications.
exposure to blood and bodily fluids
Preferred education and experience
- High school diploma or GED and two years of bookkeeping with some supervisory experience OR
An associate’s degree in accounting or finance and some supervisory experience
- Leadership and supervisory skills required
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] or mail or drop-off your resume and cover letter ATTN: CECELIA MURPHY, FTSC, 282 Trenton Road, P.O. Box 26, Fairless Hills, PA 19030. Resume and cover letter must be received by the FTSC office via mail or email or in person no later than 3:00 p.m., ___3/15/19_________, to guarantee review of application. A complete job description is available upon request.
Final candidates will be required to pass a background check.
To learn more about FTSC, please visit us at http://fallstwpseniorcenter.org.
Falls Township Senior Center is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate
on the basis of race, gender, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability.